Since the last post, a massive amount of stuff has changed in my life – mostly for the better. To sum it up:
- I started my own mineral makeup company, and I make everything by hand. It started out as a hobby, but quickly shot up to a full time job. Things are going really, really well with it!
- I went back to school for a month, during a summer session.
- I bought a car. That ended up stalling the next day. That was a 2 week ordeal from hell, lemmetellya.
- Justin (the boyfriend/fiancee) got laid off. He hated his job, so this can be seen as a good thing, but we are nervous right now.
- I have started an Insulin Resistance diet. This restricts the food that I can eat but it works really really well at controlling my PCOS symptoms, and I feel so much better on it. I fell off the wagon during classes, and I’m looking forward to restarting it next week (I need to restock my food supply).
And because of these changes, I am excited because:
- I HAVE A CAR. When I tried to coupon before I was carless, so I would have to wait until late evening or Saturdays to find good deals. Now I can go any time, including Sunday mornings (when the deals are most likely still there).
- Justin is helping me with the business and is saving me a ton of time – meaning I can work at coupons again.
I really miss finding the good deals, and we are down to our last bottle of toothpaste and conditioner from the stockpile – and fear glazes over my eyes when I consider actually paying for anything like that.
So I plan to make some small changes – different layout, etc. But the coupon organizer is being revamped (and with the help of my new LABELMAKER OMG). With being on the IR diet things will be a bit different, and I can’t just buy any food without contemplating on how it fits into my lifestyle. But, I’m learning how to find coupons and deals for the food I can eat and enjoy. I also plan to track my weight loss, because my metabolism is returning to normal through the PCOS treatment and I can actually lose weight for the first time in my life.
I am so excited to be back!